The quay is designed for large-size and heavy equipment reloading from barges of series 81100 and 16801 to motor vehicles and delivery to the interim storage site.
The project includes:
- water approaches to the quay;
- quay under reconstruction for the barges including:
- protecting dolphins;
- abutment pier;
- coast protection;
- shore interim storage site;
- inshore mooring for barges;
- reconstruction of the existing highway.
The quay under reconstruction and coast protection are made as sheet pile wall from sheet piles F-2512 manufactured by PO «Beregstal». The quayside length is 100 m, coast protection length is 60 m. The quay and interim storage site for large-size and heavy equipment are designed to withstand loads of 15 t/m2.
The designed and built set of facilities enabled to reload equipment of up to 1100 t weight and up to 10 m diameter and 68 m length.