The complex consists of two marine terminals (overpasses) connected to the reservoir tank storage by pipelines laid along process racks. The sea part of the overpasses goes along the approaching dam with a coastal foundation (more than 600 m) protected by sheet piles, and then spread by 690 m to the water area – along technological supports and overpass platforms in the form of a high pile grill on metal piles-shells.
The scope of work performed by GT Morstroy included:
- Sheet pile wall of approaching dam with driving of 476 sheet piles of more than 1200 tons total weight. The total length of the erected sheet pile wall is about 600 m.
- Installation of pile foundations (including static and dynamic tests), fastening equipment and superstructure of hydraulic engineering facilities of the sea overpass of the complex: technological platform, overpasses supports, angular platform, jetties and mooring posts. 212 vertical and inclined pile-shells of 2423 tons total weight were driven to elevations from minus 20 m to minus 32 m; more than 1000 tons of metal structures and reinforcement were installed; 6050 m3 of concrete were used for the facilities construction.
- Installation of the offshore transport overpass including 17 bridge superstructures of 625 tons total weight.
- Construction of the sea part of the 690 m long technological overpass with total weight of metal structures of about 2,000 tons.
- Construction of the sea part of the technological overpass for electric networks, water supply and sewage networks with a length of 805 m and a total weight of metal structures of about 715 tons.
The work was carried out in difficult weather and logistical conditions of the open sea. All the tasks were completed in good time.