From 2002 to 2005, a stage-by-stage full repair of the western end of the Taganrog Shipyard quay in the Repair Basin of the Taganrog Commercial Sea Port was completed.
The quay is designed for mooring vessels of the Volgo-Don, Volgo-Balt types. During the repair, the following works were performed:
- Dismantling of the existing part of the quay with a length of 22.4 m (in the form of an unauthorized concrete sheet pile bulkhead);
- Restoration of the disassembled section and lengthening the quay by 425.6 m.
The total length of the erected section of the quay is 448 m. The quay is made in the form of a anchored bulkhead with a front wall:
- 155 m section — sheet piles AU 20;
- 293 m section — sheet piles PShS 45/100-2640.
- 75 m section — sheet piles А1120;
- 373 m section — steel pipes of diam 720x9 mm.
At the 181 m long section, crane ways are provided for cranes with a lifting capacity of 32 tons.
The quay is equipped with mooring bollards for a force of 25 tons and fenders made of automobile tires.